Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
Student Leadership Intern Program Description and Application
This internship is for undergraduate students who are Rho Chapter members. It is intended to support student leadership development and to learn about and support Rho Chapter. The intern will learn skills for leadership development, be mentored as a nurse leader, develop networking opportunities, and participate in honor society activities at the international, regional and chapter levels.
Potential internship experiences include:
• Identify a mentor and learn about the mentor's role and expectations for a specific role
• Participate in Rho Chapter board meetings
• Carry out a specific chapter activity along with other board members and reflect on learning
• Develop a project that aligns with goals of Rho Chapter and Sigma Theta Tau International, carry it out and present the project to colleagues
• Develop and present a poster at UMHS Nursing Poster Day or Dean’s Research Day
• Report activities to board at meeting
• Present at Rho Chapter or Region 10 meeting
• Publish project outcomes
The Student Leadership intern will receive the following:
· One year membership dues for Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society
· Financial support to attend a conference to learn about leadership or related scholarly topic or to present scholarly work.
· Leadership mentoring by a Rho Chapter board member
In return, the Student Leadership intern will develop and implement a project that is related to the goals of Sigma Theta Tau International and Rho Chapter.
Application for Student Leadership
Application Deadline is June 30
If you have any questions, please contact the faculty counsellor by email
Dr. Elizabeth Brough
Home Address (street
address, city, state, zip)
Expected graduation date
LEADERSHIP INTERN AGREEMENT:
Completed application will be submitted to Rho Chapter Administrative Assistant
University of Michigan Health System Nursing Professional Development & Education
300 N. Ingalls – Suite 6B12
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5436
The selection committee will review all applicants and notify them of the results by July 15th, 2016.